Chicken Marsala With Tomatoes
Picture taken and recipe modified from Pinch of Yum
16 oz button mushrooms
4 Tbs butter, divided
2 cloves minced garlic
1 cup dry Marsala
1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 Tbs cold water
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 - 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbs olive oil, divided
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp all purpose seasoning + pinch of salt and pepper
1 - 2 cups cherry tomatoes
1. Melt 2 Tbs butter with 1 Tbs olive oil and cook sliced mushrooms over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Add garlic and wine - let the mixture simmer gently to reduce the wine, stirring occasionally. After 15-20 minutes add cornstarch slurry and cream to sauce - it should start to thicken slightly. Take off heat.
3. Pound chicken breasts to 1" thickness and cut in to single serving size pieces.
4. Coat the chicken pieces in the seasoned flour and shake off excess.
5. Heat the remaining 2 Tbs of butter and 1 Tbs of olive oil in a large frying pan. cook the chicken pieces for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Add the mushroom sauce to the pan and add the tomatoes. Simmer until the tomatoes are popping open - can do this step in an oven heated to 350.