One Pot Sausage and Red Pepper Alfredo
picture and recipe from Host the Toast
1 lb. italian style sausage
4 cloves chopped garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups milk, divided
2 cups chicken broth, divided
1 16oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and pureed
3-4 cups baby spinach
8 oz goat cheese
1 cup grated parmesan
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb pasta of your choice
1. cook sausage with garlic and olive oil in a sturdy pot or tall sided pan.
2. add milk, chicken broth, red pepper puree and the box of pasta to the pan, bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and cook until pasta is done - about 12 minutes.
3. if liquid is evaporated, add the additional 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup broth.
4. add spinach one handful at a time until wilted and incorporated.
5. add goat cheese and parmesan, stir until melted. Serve!