Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Picture and recipe adapted from Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour
2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded (could use rotisserie)
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
1 4oz can diced green chiles
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 10oz cans green chili enchilada sauce
2/3 cup red enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 lb pasta shape of your choice
avocado, diced green onions, cilantro, black olives, diced tomatoes, sour cream
1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Heat olive oil in skillet, cook onion 3 minutes, add red bell pepper and garlic and cook another 3 minutes.
3. Add chicken, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt and enchilada sauces. Simmer 8 - 10 minutes.
4. Add cheese and stir until melted and mixed well, then add sour cream - do not boil!
5. Pour sauce over pasta and serve with toppings!