Pasta With Mascarpone Cheese, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
Photo and modified recipe from Italian Food ForeverIngredients:
1 lb box of pasta
8 oz mascarpone cheese at room temperature
zest and juice of one lemon
4 or 5 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 cloves minced garlic
1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 9oz bag of fresh baby spinach
salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions (reserving some pasta water when draining)
2. Combine mascarpone, zest and juice of the lemon with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Cook bacon until crispy enough to crumble. Remove bacon from pan and all but 1 Tablespoon of the bacon drippings.
4. To bacon drippings add garlic, sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Toss until spinach is melted.
5. Combine pasta, cheese mixture and spinach mixture adding 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup hot pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce.
6. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.