Spicy Chicken Rigatoni
Picture and recipe from Tastebook.com
This is a recipe from the menu at Buca Di Beppo. It is very spicy, but you can cut the crushed red pepper in half to cut down on the hot. I am using shredded chicken and a little bit more sauce since it will be re-heated. I am sending the peas seperate so they can be added during the re-heat - I am also including parmesan cheese for the top.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 Tbs crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic
- 6 oz chicken, sliced
- 3/4 cup. Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 lb Rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions
- additional 1/2 t crushed red pepper (for garnish)
- 1In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and garlic and sauté just long enough for garlic to caramelize and red pepper to release flavor into the oil. Add sliced chicken and sauté briefly to coat in spices and garlic.
- 2Add Marinara Sauce first and then Alfredo Sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens slightly and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°. Turn off flame, add butter and peas and incorporate into sauce.
- 3Toss cooked pasta with the sauce. Place pasta and sauce in pasta bowl, reserving the majority of the chicken to be placed on top of the pasta. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any remaining sauce from the pan to the pasta. Garnish with crushed red pepper and serve.