Bacon Artichoke Pasta
- 1 lb bowtie or penne pasta
- Alfredo sauce*
- 2 C. chopped, cooked chicken
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped green onions
- 1-2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat alfredo sauce then add in chicken, bacon, artichoke hearts, green onions. Mix sauce with cooked and drained pasta, then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
(optional: after combined place in 9x13 pan, sprinkle with reserved mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through.)
- 2 C. milk
- 1/3 C. low fat cream cheese
- 2 T flour
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1 T butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 C grated parmesan cheese
In a blender, blend milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt until smooth.
Saute garlic in butter over medium high-heat for 30 seconds. Add milk mixture to pan, bring to a simmer, stirring until it starts to thicken.
Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese. Stand for 10 minutes before using.
(recipe from ourbestbites.com)