Chinese Orange Chicken*
(picture from cordon pink)
- · 1 lb Skinless Boneless Chicken breasts cut into bite size pieces
- · 4 Tablespoons Flour
- · Salt and Pepper
- · 1 Tablespoon Vegetable or Canola Oil
Add flour, salt and pepper to a medium ziplock bag.
Add chicken and toss until all chicken pieces are evenly coated.
Heat oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
Add chicken pieces and cook for 3 minutes until browned on one side and then turn over and cook another 3 minutes until cooked through.
Turn heat down to very low and add enough sauce to fit your tastes.
(Depending on your tastes, this probably makes way more sauce than you will need for this recipe)
- · 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
- · ½ Cup Rice Wine Vinegar (Must be rice wine and not regular white vinegar)
- · ½ Cup White Sugar
- · 2.5 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- · 1 Tablespoon Orange or Lemon Zest (I use lemon)
- · ½ Tablespoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- · 2 Teaspoons Corn Starch
- · 1 Tablespoon Red Pepper flakes (more or less depending on your preference for heat)
Mix corn starch into orange juice until lumps are gone. Add orange juice mixture and rest of the ingredients together in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
Bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon – about five minutes.
If it doesn’t get thick, then add a little more cornstarch mixed in water. Set aside.
(I doubled this recipe for each family)
*i got this recipe from cordonpink.com