Pasta with Ricotta, Lemon and Herbs


Ingredients:

1 1 lb. box of pasta any shape (I prefer Barilla or DeCecco - store brands are just not as good)

8 oz. mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
2 chicken breasts diced
1 Tbls. butter
1 Tbls. olive oil
1 15 oz. container of skim milk ricotta
2 Tbls. butter cut in to small pieces
zest and juice of one lemon
1/3 - 1/2 cup chopped herbs (basil, thyme, parsley, chives - any combination of flavors that you like)
salt and pepper to taste.

Directions:

Cook pasta according to directions on box. Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. (hint: when I know I need to reserve pasta water, I set a measuring cup down in the colander to remind me)

Saute mushrooms in 1 Tbls. butter and olive oil. Remove from pan when slightly browned. Cook diced chicken in same pan. Turn stove off and add lemon juice/zest and herbs. In a mixing bowl, dump ricotta cheese and small butter pieces. Add hot pasta water, stirring until creamy. Add creamy cheese mixture to cooked chicken and mushrooms. Heat a little if needed before mixing with pasta.

For food group I will be serving with Caesar Salad and Italian Bread.

Comments

Popular Posts