Chicken and peppers pasta
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced fresh basil leaves (sometimes I use 1 T dried)
3 T lemon juice
1/2-1 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 each med-size red and yellow bell peppers
3 T butter
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups heavy cream
4 oz med size mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Mix marinade in ziploc bag, add chicken and marinate for at laest 3 hour or overnight.
2. Peel bell peppers with a vegetable peeler and set aside peels. Cut peppers in thin strips.
3. Melt 1 1/2 T butter in skillet over low heat. Add pepper peels and cook 2 min until tender.
4. Stir in chicken broth and boil until liquid is reduced by about half.
5. Add cream and cook 4 min. until sauce is thick enough to coat spoon. Remove from heat.
6. Saute mushrooms in remaining 1 1/2 T butter until brown. set aside.
7. strain the pepper peels out of the sauce(I usually use a slotted spoon) stir in salt and pepper strips. Add mushrooms. Cover and keep warm.
8. Broil chicken. 5-7 min per side. until juices run clear.
9. cut into chunks and add to sauce.
10. Cook fettucine according to package.
11. Stir in cheese and 1/4 cup of basil into warm sauce and pour over pasta. Serve immediately.
This recipe has alot of steps, but it is worth it!