orecchiette pasta with tomatoes & mozzarella
- 1 lb orrechiette pasta, cooked
- 1/4 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 cloves minced garlic
- 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 C. fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cubed
- Salt & pepper
Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and let cook 1-2 minutes, until soft and fragrant. Add tomatoes and heat through. Season with salt and pepper and basil. Add cooked and drained pasta directly to pan and stir to coat. Pour into serving bowl. Add mozzarella and toss to combine.
*I usually blend my sauce with a stick blender, before adding the pasta because my kids are not crazy about tomato chunks.