chili mac & cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 12 ounces ground beef or turkey
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces uncooked elbows pasta
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and ground beef (turkey), and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.